Archive | Documents of Early Vancouver RSS feed for this section

Minutes from November 19, 1888

transcript     original documents three part-time constables added to force for the remainder of the year

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from November 12, 1888

transcript     original documents mayor to inform Dominion Government that city requests and will donate land to establish post office and customs house in a central part of the city request to council to re-locate newly built morgue (does not give reason for request!)

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from November 5, 1888

transcript     original documents city accepts E.J. Clark’s offer of donation of lot for an athletic field “responsible parties” may apply for trees purchased by city Presbyterian Ladies’ Aid donates all linens and equipment for eight hospital beds

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from October 22, 1888

transcripts   original documents city drains to be diverted into culverts being dug by C.P.R to reduce fouling of Burrard Inlet north of Water Street

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from October 15, 1888

transcripts    original images city hospital informally opened Sept 22 with only one ward operative rules limiting hospital visiting hours for visitors and clergy  election of medical staff to city hospital called into question

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from October 9, 1888

transcripts     original documents intersections chosen for installation of electric lights and fire hydrants contractors agree to have debris along park road disposed of by city, and the cost deducted from final payment

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from October 1, 1888

transcripts     original documents Ward 1’s budget exhausted: city clerk instructed to keep separate accounts for each city Ward work on False Creek Bridge, False Creek School House, and City Hospital continues brush, stumps, boulders and debris along the road to (Stanley) park not disposed of according to contracts

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from September 26, 1888

transcript     original documents Aldermen Dougall, Coldwell, Alexander and Brighouse elected to form Parks Committee, with H.P. McCraney, A.G. Ferguson, and Capt. R.G. Tatlow 

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from September 17, 1888

transcripts     original documents: part 1 | part 2  Request from John H. McMillan et al asking that the Corporation remove the (newly-built) Morgue from present location Doctors Bell-Irving, Langis, Lefevre, McGuigan and Robertson appointed to medical staff for City Hospital

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

Minutes from September 10, 1888

transcript     original documents: part one | part two | part three J. Humphries, chairman of the Board of works  reports “That the present electric light for street lighting is a humbug and expensive and would recommend…a more modern and economical system of electric light for street lighting.” Meanwhile, the Fire, Water, and Light Committee […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →
Rimons twitter widget by Rimon Habib